Thursday, January 22, 2009

What I Ate Today

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 banana
half a bowl of soggy Cheerios*
2 cups coffee w cream

6 wheat thins*
half a chewed-on turkey sandwich (wheat bread)*
cup of skim milk

big salad at Souper Salad w peanuts and vinegar on top
onion soup
1 taco#

half a Hershey's chocolate bar#

* items are kids' leftovers that were just sitting there, so I ate them
# unapproved (high fat) items

Yes, I have taken the first steps (again) to lose a lot of weight. No, I won't tell you how much. I think I lost 3 pounds in the last few weeks. I just want to be healthy, age gracefully; I don't care anymore about fitting into a 2-piece bathing suit, and I don't know anyone else who cares what I look like in a bikini either (for better or worse).

I am meeting wiith a nutritionist in two weeks. I know I have to tell her about the mini-marshmallows (they ARE low fat); and I know what she is going to say about them, too.

No comments: