Thursday, January 1, 2009

"I Know a Song that Gets on Everybody's Nerves

..everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves;
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, and this is how it goes:

I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves,
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, and this is how it goes:

I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves,
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, and this is how it goes..."

D'Lyon learned this song on the school bus, and it is the newest sensation, which he enjoys singing at high decibels (I never realized how high little kids can shriek) while banging his feet. This is repeated indefinitely until I NEED TIME OUT.

So DH took the rugrats to visit his parents in Colorado, and I decided to stay home alone. I do have a hundred things to do--from giving blood pressure medicine to my elderly cat to filling out tax forms from several years ago--and yes, I love my kids, but I am really looking forward to having some time to myself.

One of my eldest's New Year's resolutions: "Maybe I can be politer?"

"Politer?" I comment to the kid who is a card-carrying member of the grammar police.

"And use better grammar."

Like I say, I love my kids. And I know they are having a great time driving with Dad for eight hours, since they always do have a great time.

No comments: